Friday, May 20, 2011

This is a test, only a test…

Going back in time a few months… I had to fabricate brackets to assemble the burner shields to the frame and pick up some fasteners. I am using stainless steel fasteners for everything except the burner, for that I am using the fasteners that were supplied with the burner. With any major modification or new equipment I like to do a trial run. This is a test, only a test… I will do a 5 gallon boil with water.  I wheeled the stove outside onto the driveway. The driveway is sloped so I placed a level across the frame. I will need 3/4” blocks under the casters on the downhill side. That is lucky because a 1x2 is 3/4” thick and I have a few scraps lying around. The low pressure burner heated the water to boiling in 30 minutes. I was hoping for faster but that will work and is really not bad. Mostly I am happy that it worked. I ran some of the hot water through the chiller. The stove is  brew ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment