Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Attaching the burner

Burner shield 
I finally received my burner. In addition to the burner I had ordered some other items that were on backorder so it took a little longer than normal to ship. I can now finalize the mounting bracket design. I am going to use 18ga stainless steel sheet metal and drill the attachment holes while it is still in the flat. A series of holes will give the burner some vertical adjustment. I will also need a notch to fit around the venturi tube (stem). Once the holes are all drilled I will roll it into a circle ending up with a combination burner mount and windscreen. I spaced the 4 burner mounting holes at 90 degrees with the notch at 45 degrees. It turns out that the venturi tube on the burner was assembled few degrees off of 45 degrees. It appears that the drilling and assembly process at the factory may not be a real precise process. Anyway, what I did was to disassemble the burner and drill additional holes to give some adjustment in the assembly. I cut a new gasket and reassembled the burner with the new gasket and high temperature stove gasket sealant. Now I just had to install the burner and I would be ready for a trial burn.
Burner shield flat layout
A trio

Disassembled burner

No comments:

Post a Comment