Monday, April 18, 2011

Stove design

I have a design for my stove with a few details left to be figured out as I go. The frame will be 60” long by 15-1/2” wide by 24” tall including the casters and will be built first. Then the burner mounts will be fabricated. Initially I plan to use just one burner so it can be connected directly to the propane tank hose. When another burner is added, a propane distribution system will have to be designed and installed. I have seen pictures of some very nice stoves that use the frame tubing for propane distribution. It is a very clean and professional look, but I have chosen not to do mine that way. I am concerned about a gas tight weld and am not sure that the tubing I will be using would be suitable for use as a gas pipe. I did decide that I would go with a low pressure system as this seems to offer the most flexibility if I ever choose to automate any part of the burner system. The Bayou Classic stove I was using is a high pressure burner and worked well. With its 6” burner, though, the heat was fairly concentrated and did cause some scorching and caramelizing of the wort. I will have to see what the results are with the low pressure burner.



No comments:

Post a Comment