Friday, April 22, 2011

Fabrication


Casters
I bought some stainless steel tube for the frame and (4) stainless steel plates for the caster attachment. I also picked up (4) 3” casters at Harbor Freight. I am using 1-1/4” square x 18ga wall tube. If money was no issue I probably would have gone with 1-1/2” or even 2” square tube to give more surface space for the kettles to sit. But I got a really good deal on the 1-1/4” tube and have no reservations about the strength. I have been drilling the holes on my wobbly old bench top drill press and deburring all the edges with a die grinder. I am drilling the holes for the burner attachments. Any time there are holes, even if filled with hardware, there is a chance of fluids getting in. That is why I have been adding drain holes in every tube. My friend Mike, who welded the fittings into my kettle, will weld the frame for me. I am fortunate to know not just a welder but a darn good welder. I ordered a 10” burner and low pressure propane orifice from Brewers Hardware. I have a design in mind for the burner mounts but will wait until I receive the burner to begin any fabrication.
Caster plates
On the welding table
Tube for the frame
 
 



1 comment:

  1. Gear Shaving Cutters on state of the art CNC GEAR SHAVING CUTTER GRINDING MACHINE.Master Gears become unusable after continuous use these tools can be reused after correction of Profile and other parameters and become as good as new.

    Spline Mandrels











































    ReplyDelete