Thursday, March 31, 2016

Still brewing


Keg washer
Yes, I am still alive and brewing. There hasn’t been much new to report on the equipment front. I added a new valve.  I now have 6 in the brew system. Mostly, though, I have been learning how to brew on my system. I moved some of the valve locations for improved control. All of my temperature control is still done manually, igniting and shutting of the burner as necessary to maintain the desired temperature. This method has worked well but is rather tedious. It also means I have watch the thermometer pretty closely for the entire mash. I am now contemplating temperature control f the mash as my next major upgrade.

CO2 and regulator
I did buy a kegerator in 2015 and am now kegging beer. Everything you’ve heard about kegging is probably true. It really will simplify your life, except, of course, for all of the additional equipment you will want. I moved the gas bottle to outside the kegerator it will now hold up to three 5 gallon kegs. I currently have only the single tap tower that came with it. My hope for this year is to upgrade to a 3 tap tower.
Bulkhead fitting with washer

No comments:

Post a Comment