Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Winter Ale 2012

On Sunday, August the 5th, I brewed a Winter Ale. It uses my Wee Heavy recipe as the base with mulling spices added.  I brewed it a little later than I had hoped but still a couple of months earlier than last years. It should be ready by winter and maybe even in time for Christmas. The extreme heat this summer is one of the reasons I have brewed so infrequently this year. Who wants to stand around a stove when it's 105 degrees outside? The heat also seems to have raised the water temperature coming in to the house which slowed the chilling process somewhat. I created a yeast starter for this beer. Fermentation started right away and was consistent. I will leave it in the primary for a couple of weeks then transfer it to a carboy to rest for a couple of months prior to bottling.

No comments:

Post a Comment